About Responder Tags
Responder Tags help Dispatchers be more selective in which Responders will receive broadcast alerts when creating incidents. Responder Tags are especially useful if you have a large number of Responders spread out across different geographic areas or with different attribute types (e.g., specialties, training, resources etc).
Skip to section:
- Step 1: Set Up Tags
- Step 2: Add Tags to Responders
- Step 3: Create an Incident with Tags
- Additional Notes
Watch the Responder Tags video here or continue reading below:
Step 1: Setting Up Responder Tags
To set up your Zone/Group Tags:
- Go to the Settings page on the Beacon Web Pages and scroll to the bottom where it says Tag Settings
- Enter the Name of your Tags
- Click Create
- You will see your Tag appear below
- You can edit or delete the Tags using these buttons
When you’ve finished, go back to the Dashboard.
Step 2. Add Tags to Responder Profiles
Next you will want to add the correct tags to each Responder, so go back to Manage Responders page and select the Responder you want to assign tags to.
For each Responder, complete the following steps:
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the Tag Menu
- Select the desired Tags
- As you select the desired Tags, they will appear above the Menu
- Click anywhere outside the Tag Menu to close it
- Then click Save (not shown)
Repeat these steps for every Responder. When you’ve finished, go back to the Dashboard.
After you’ve finished adding tags to all your Responders, go back to the Dashboard where you will see all of the Responder Tags appear under each Responder’s name.
Step 3. Create an Incident Using Responder Tags
To create an incident use Zone/Group Tags follow these steps:
- Open the Create New Incident panel
- Find and place the Incident Map Marker on the correct location and confirm that the correct location appears in the Address Bar
- After filling in the rest of the information, click on the Select Tags button
- When the Dialogue Box appears, click on the Responder Tag(s) you want from the Available Tags section to specify which Responders should receive the Broadcast Alert.
- The Selected Tag(s) will appear above
- Click the Select button to save the selected Tags
- After closing the Dialogue Box, the Selected Tags will appear here on the Create New Incident form. To remove them, click the “X” on their tag. To add additional tags, click on the hyperlink.
Here are some other points to keep in mind when using the Responder Tags:
- Responder Tags are very useful for specifying which Responders will receive Broadcast Alerts and which won’t
- When no Responder Tags are selected, all Available Responders will receive the Broadcast Alert
- When one or more Respdoner Tags are selected, only the Responders with those tags will receive the Broadcast Alert
- When all Responder Tags are selected, Available Responders with no tags will not receive the Broadcast Alert
- If you select specific Responder Tags, you can still assign Responders that don’t have those tags to an incident
- For example, if you Broadcast an Alert to Responders tagged with Zone-X, you can also assign a Responder tagged with Zone-Y
- When using Responder Tags to organize responders by geographic area, tags should be given to Responders according to where they can respond, not where they live
- For example, if a Responder lives in Zone-A, but works in Zone-B, and is able to respond to Zone-C, then all three Zone Tags should be given to that Responder