This is the Beacon Mobile App home screen. The map is managed and edited by dispatchers through the Beacon web pages.
- Sidebar — Displays lists of Active Incidents, Assigned Responders and Available Responders
- Duty Status Icon — Displays your current Duty Status
- Gray = Off Duty
- Green = On Duty
- Dark/Colored = Assigned to an Active Incident
- Create Incident Screen — (Only visible to mobile dispatchers) Brings you to the screen where you can create new incidents
- SOS Button — When clicked, Dispatchers, Supervisors and Administrators will be advised that you personally need assistance immediately
- Home Screen — Brings you to the Home Screen
- Chat Screen — Brings you to the Chat List screen
- Settings Screen — Brings you to the settings screen where you can manage your status, transportation mode, messaging mode etc.
- My Location — Click once to center the screen on your location; click and hold to keep the screen centered on your location as you move (the icon will turn blue)
- Map Layers — Click here to access and control a list of the different layers of map markers that are displayed on the map. Here you can also change between Satellite or Road Map view.
There are different types of map markers and they can be clicked on to display more information.
- Active Incidents — These are shown as RED, YELLOW or BLUE map markers and indicate where active incidents are currently happening
- Landmarks — Include hospitals and other transport destinations, hazards, and other points of interest
- Paths — Can show macro paths (like hurricanes or tornadoes) or micro paths, like evacuation routes and detours
- Zones — Illustrate areas of interest, like flood zones, the boundaries of mass gatherings, etc.
- Search Tool —Search for places and addresses directly from the Home Screen
Active Incidents Count Badges
Count badges will now be displayed in the top bar on the Home Screen showing the quantity of Active Incidents per Incident Priority