The first person to confirm on-scene is marked by Beacon as the Incident Commander and is asked to determine if Additional Resources are needed.
All other responders who confirm on-scene after the Incident Commander will skip this step and either be asked to Confirm Transport or Complete the Incident
Workflow Message 4: Request Additional Resources
You can choose wether to:
- Assign specific responders
- Broadcast for additional resources
- Chat with Dispatch so they can help decide and coordinate what is needed
First, open the sidebar to see which other responders have been assigned to this incident.
(Not shown in image)
If more resources are needed: click Confirm to be shown the Additional Resources Selection dialog box. (See next image)
If no additional resources are needed, click the Skip button.
Dialog Box: Assign Additional Resources
To assign specific responders as additional resources check the box of the available responder you wish to assign and click OK. The responder then will be notified.
Dialog Box: Broadcast Additional Resources
If you would like to Broadcast for additional resources:
- Select the Resource from the dropdown
- Indicate the quantity desired
- Click Confirm to send out the Request for Additional Resources to available responders
- Click Cancel to go back to the previous screen